What Can I Do if My Driver’s License Has Been Suspended?

en español>

If your driver’s license has been suspended because you have not paid all the child support you owe:

1.  First, you should go to the Department of Child Support Services to see if it will release your license. Sometimes it will do this if you pay something towards your child support. 

2.  If the Department of Child Support Services will not release your license, you can go to the court and file a:

  • Notice of Motion for Judicial Review of License Denial (Form FL-670)
    This form asks the court to consider giving you back your license. 

If you want the court to address other issues, such as lowering your monthly payments for child support, you will need to file:

  • Request for Order (Form FL-300)
    See the instructions for this form.
  • Income and Expense Declaration (Form FL-150) or
  • Financial Statement (Simplified) (Form FL-155)

To help you decide if form FL-150 or form FL-155 is right for you, read an information sheet called "Which Financial Form - FL-150 or FL-155?" (DV-570) in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean or Vietnamese. Click on the language you need:

The Family Law Facilitator's Office can help you figure out which forms you need to file and can assist you in filling out the forms.

  • For help finding the Family Law Facilitator's Office in your area, click here.
  • For the Family Law Facilitator in Contra Costa County, California, click here.

The court, not DCSS, will make the final decision once you file a motion.




Did this information help you?  Tell us what you think.